The key to managing parasitic infestation is prevention; the sooner you make dietary changes that will help to keep you cleansed and clear of waste, the less opportunity there will be for parasites to settle into the impacted waste within your colon.
Fiber helps keep your bowels regulated by increasing your transit time, which in turn keeps your colon clear of the waste build-up associated parasitic infestation.
Increase your fiber intake by eating more fiber-rich foods, and make up for low-fiber days with a high-quality fiber supplement. A dietary supplement containing psyllium is one of several excellent ways to increase fiber, and it tends to produce less gas than some high-fiber foods.
Learn about both traditional and more exotic foods that are filled with non-soluble and soluble fiber, as well as how to incorporate them into your diet.
Print out a fiber chart so you’ll know exactly how many grams of fiber per serving that various foods have to offer.
Although in some countries people reportedly consume over seventy grams of fiber each day, the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for fiber in the United States is 25 – 30 grams.
An increase in fiber creates softer, bulkier stool, which moves more easily through your digestive system, flushing out parasites, mucus, and toxins on a daily basis.
The result is a cleaned and toned colon, which makes for a less hospitable place for parasites to move in, and take over.
Increased fiber intake is also linked to weight loss and many other health benefits.
One of the most effective ways to begin ridding yourself of parasites is with a detoxification of your entire body, starting with your colon.
Colonic irrigation and herbal cleansing can help to remove parasites, mucus, and toxins that have built up in your colon.
Everyone has parasites.
They love life in the human colon because they thrive on human waste. So why not use common sense wisdom and clean up our colons regularly with colon cleanses?
By flushing out waste, passing stool is easier, transit times are improved, the unlucky parasites will have less time to take their foothold, and there will be nothing left for them to feed on.
This means your body will become an inhospitable host, reducing the likelihood of further parasitic infestation.
Numerous societies around the globe use natural alternative medicines derived mainly from plants for treatment of common ailments. Herbs have been used for thousands of years because of their proven track record for successfully purging parasites from the body. They help to increase the wave-like motion in the colon that propels waste along, while at the same time toning colon muscles.
Many herbs are more effective, and easier on the system, when used in conjunction with other herbs. A cleansing program that combines a variety of herbs in order to purge parasites from the body is preferable.
Puristat’s colon cleanse is composed of 23 herbal ingredients including cascara sagrada, buckthorn bark, ginger root, cayenne pepper, psyllium husk, fennel seed, and rhubarb root – all highly effective for expelling parasites and their eggs.
These herbs also have analgesic properties that can help relieve the inflammation, constipation, nausea, abdominal cramping, bloating, flatulence, vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach ache that often accompany an infestation.
Removing impurities also goes a long way toward helping your body absorb nutrients, enhancing energy levels, and increasing regularity…all necessary aspects of getting back on track after a parasitic infestation.
After cleansing your colon, it’s important to restore certain bacteria to prevent unhealthy bacteria from inhabiting the area. Probiotics are the good bacteria your system needs in order to restore its healthy flora.
It’s recommended you begin a cleanse with considerably less than the suggested dosage if you’re elderly. For example, one half to one tablet the first day, increasing daily until you regularly produce one to three bowel movements per day.
Parasites range from the stuff of late night horror shows – measuring in at several feet long – to those that are invisible to the naked eye and while they are fond of the colon, this is not the only place parasites can be found. Just about any part of our body is vulnerable to infestation: the lungs, liver, esophagus, brain, blood, muscles, joints, skin…and even our eyes!
In fact, almost everyone has parasites. It’s simply a fact of life.
Even Dr. Oz says…”90% of humans will have a problem with parasites at some point during their lifetime.”
The World Health Organization (WHO) classifies parasites as among the 6 most dangerous diseases that infect humans.
Parasites even outrank cancer as the number one global killer, and account for many of the digestive woes from which people suffer. In the United States alone, one-third of nearly six thousand fecal specimens tested, came back positive for at least nineteen species of intestinal parasites.
So how do you know if you are infected?
Sometimes you can be infected without having any symptoms; however, there are often signs, including:
- Allergies to many different types of foods
- Anemia (low red blood count)
- Bloating/abdominal swelling
- Bloody stools
- Bouts of diarrhea and inconsistent bowel habits
- Dysentery (loose stools containing blood and mucus)
- Feeling tired or Run down
- Flu-like symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, and fever
- Foul-smelling stools that get worse in the afternoon and evening
- Gas and cramping
- Itching around the anus, especially at night.
- Weight loss with a ravenous appetite
Accepting the fact that parasites are nearly unavoidable, as well as recognizing the kinds of environments parasites enjoy and how they are transmitted, is the key to ridding yourself of them, and preventing further infestations.
First, it’s important to flush out your gastrointestinal (GI) system; a clean, hydrated, and toned colon goes a long way toward discouraging parasites to make their home in your intestines.
Coping with parasites is best handled with a multi-pronged approach, which includes…
Conventional medical treatments can get rid parasites more quickly. Alternative treatments may be helpful along with conventional medications. However, your health care provider must find out what kind of organism is causing your problems before you start treatments. They will choose the drug that is most effective against your intestinal parasite. You may need one dose, or you may have to take the medication for several weeks. Be careful to take the medicine exactly as it is prescribed, or it may not work.
Pinworms: are found only in humans and account for the largest percentage of intestinal worm infections in the U.S. Getting rid of pinworm isn’t easy, but it can be done. To get rid of pinworms, you should wash your hands regularly to avoid ingesting pinworm eggs. If pinworm infection is detected by your doctor, or noticed in the stool, you should seek an over-the-counter treatment like Reese’s Pinworm Medicine or get a prescription from your doctor for Vermox, the most common prescription given for pinworm infections.
Roundworms: are large worms about as thick as a spaghetti noodle and roughly 4-13 inches long at maturity. Roundworm is an intestinal worm found in both dogs and cats. The life cycle is complicated, and in order to get rid of roundworm completely, one must interrupt this life cycle. Usually this is done with three to four treatments of a pyrantel pamoate based medicine over a month long period. It is repeated once every week to ensure that both mature and migrating adolescent roundworms are destroyed.
Hookworms: are yet another worm that is most commonly found in pets in the U.S., but account for almost 800 million intestinal worm infections in the human population worldwide. To get rid of hookworms, mebendazole or albendazole are used the most often and require a prescription by a doctor to obtain. Hookworm medication in humans is usually taken twice a day for three days. In dogs and cats, hookworm anthelmintic is taken once every week for 2-3 weeks to ensure that the hookworm life cycle is disrupted.
Tapeworms: are found in both humans and animals, it is rare for humans to get tapeworm. A tapeworm problem is synonymous with a flea problem, since ingestion of the tapeworm eggs by fleas and then ingestion of the fleas is required to become infected. To get rid of tapeworms, you must get rid of fleas. Usually treatment for both fleas and tapeworms are administered together. The tapeworm infested individual (be they human or pet) is given a dewormer, and their environment is treated with either Nylar or Methoprene tocontrol fleas.
Ringworm: isn’t actually a worm at all. Ringworm is caused by a fungus and is given its name because of the ring-shaped rash it causes when a person is infected. Ringworm is similar toathlete’s foot with regard to the family of fungus that causes it. To get rid of ringworm, many people suggest dabbing bleach on the skin and then wiping it clean to ensure you don’t give yourself a chemical burn. Essentially, an astringent or topical antiseptic like those used to treat athletes foot may also be used to treat ringworms. Antifungal medications and topical treatments are similarly used to treat pets, but spores may persist and cause recurring infections.
Remember these simple things can help:
- Avoid simple carbohydrates, such as those found in refined foods, fruits, juices, dairy products, and all sugars, except honey.
- Drink a lot of water to help flush out your system.
- Eat More RAW: Garlic, Pumpkin seeds, Pomegranates, Beets, and Carrots, all of which have been used traditionally to kill parasites. In one study, researchers found that a mixture of honey and papaya seeds cleared stools of parasites in 23 out of 30 subjects.
- Eat more fiber, which help get rid of worms.
- Probiotics (Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacilus plantarum, Saccharomyces boulardii, and bifidobacteria, one to two times per day between meals) help keep your digestive tract healthy. Digestive enzymes will help restore your intestinal tract to its normal state, which makes it inhospitable to parasites. Papain is an enzyme from the papaya plant that may help kill worms when taken 30 minutes before or after meals.
- Vitamin C (250 – 500 mg two times a day) or, if well-tolerated, much higher doses of up to 6,000 mg per day in otherwise healthy adults — supports the immune system. Lower vitamin C dose if diarrhea develops.
- Zinc (20 – 30 mg per day) — also helps support the immune system.
- Regular colon cleansings are a must since most water sources are located near human habitation, and are therefore likely infested with parasites.
- Supplement your diet with a high-grade multi-vitamin to ensure adequate vitamin, mineral, and nutrient intake, and to combat the resulting deficiency from parasitic infestation.
- Show caution when drinking and/or swimming in unfamiliar water sources.
- Wear protective clothing when exposed to bloodsucking insects.
- Wash all fruits and vegetables in clean water before eating to prevent roundworm and whipworm infection. Add a few ounces of over-the-counter hydrogen peroxide and/or mild soap to increase the parasite-killing activity of water.
- Wear shoes or slippers to prevent hookworm infection.
- Do not use water from septic tanks or other potentially contaminated sources for watering vegetables.
- Contain all waste matter in an outdoor toilet or latrine rather than going as nature intended outdoors.
- Children are particularly susceptible to parasites, and often harbor the largest number of worms. Teach them proper hygiene, such as hand washing (including using a nail brush) after going to the toilet, playing outside, or before preparing or eating food.
- Properly wash bed sheets, towels and clothes with disinfectants.
- Do Not let your child to play in sands and soils.
Natural Treatment of Worms in Children:
Add cloves to as many of your meals as you can. These will not kill the worms themselves but will kill the eggs, which can help keep your problem under control.
Eat tomatoes in the morning on an empty stomach to clear worms from your intestines.
Before normal breakfast, give one cup of grated carrot to your child early in the morning. This treatment works well for removal of threadworms. Continue with this treatment for 4 to 5 days.
Wormwood Oil Treatment:
Mix 2 milliliters of wormwood oil with 4 oz of water. Take a small child-sized bulb syringe and fill it with this solution and rinse out the rectal area. The solution will kill the worms.
It is very difficult to change the diets of children completely for an extended period of time. Provide large amount of pineapples, cranberries and papaya to your child for a period of 3 to 4 days. Pineapples, cranberries and papayas are known to kill tapeworms in the body.
Mix well one teaspoon of papaya juice and one teaspoon of honey. Provide this mixture to the child for drinking purpose. You can also give mixture of papaya juice and honey with a glass of the following. Combine 8-oz glass of warm milk and 1 teaspoon of Castor oil. Make sure that your child has consumed whole glass. This treatment is extremely effective to get rid of roundworms.
Before giving the pumpkin seed treatment, provide prune juice to your child to cleanse his body as it expel any matter from the child’s intestine. Properly crush 1 tablespoon of skinned pumpkin seeds and mix it in 1 cup of boiling water. Cool this mixture and give it to child for drinking. Provide 3 to 4 cupfuls of this mixture to the child in a day. Eating pumpkin seeds throughout the day helps to get rid of a wide variety of parasites.
- In cotton gauze, wrap a clove and garlic and insert it into the anus of child.
- Mix well senna and cayenne powder with 2 tablespoon of plain yogurt and give this mixture to your child. To improve the taste, you can add cinnamon in small quantities.
- To repopulate the intestine with healthy protective bacteria, provide your child an acidophilus tablet every day for a month.
- Crush the lemon seeds and mix them well with honey and have your child consume the mixture. Give this mixture every day to your child for five days.
Natural Treatment of Worms in Adults:
Both mugwort and wormwood are used as anthelmintic remedies in European and Chinese herbalism. Their aromatic oils and bitter principles are effective against a broad-spectrum of species of intestinal worms. They are among the most versatile of the natural vermifuges. They are extremely bitter, making them unpalatable for children and many adults unless taken in capsule form.
Tincture made from the aromatic fresh, green hulls of the black walnut is perhaps the best-known of anti-parasitic remedies. They become richer in elemental iodine as they age, losing much of their potency and staining all they touch a dark color. The vermifugal properties of the hulls are due to the combination of both the natural iodine and aromatic oils. Although more economical, the dried, encapsulated herb is not as effective as the tincture.
Although artemisia species and black walnut hulls are effective against most intestinal worm species, tapeworms can often prove resistant. If a tapeworm infestation cannot be eliminated with other other remedies, it may be possible to remove them with pumpkin seeds. Like mugwort and wormwood, pumpkin seeds have a long history of use as anti-parasitic herb in Chinese medicine. They are still one of the gentlest and most effective of natural treatments.
Cloves are ineffective in expelling mature intestinal worms. They are, however, the only natural remedy for killing the eggs of intestinal worms. Since many parasites will not hatch when there are poisons in the intestinal environment, it can be difficult to get rid of them with a single cycle of the remedies above; at least two cycles of treatment are usually required. The co-administration of cloves with either artemisia or black walnut, however, can often eliminate the need for multiple courses of treatment.
Do not try to rid yourself of any type of parasitic worm without your doctor’s input. All worms are not the same, and infections exist at different levels of severity.
RFID Chips… Other wise known as:
Radio Frequency Identification Device Chips…
On Sunday March 21, 2010 the Senate Healthcare bill HR3200 was passed and signed into law… This new law requires an RFID chip implanted in all of us.
Yes. All of us.
So, it is now the law that by “March 23 2013” we will all be required to have an RFID chip. Testing has begun with implanting under the skin of the hand.
-H.R. 3200 section 2521, Pg. 1001, paragraph 1.
The Secretary shall establish a national medical device registry (in this subsection referred to as the ‘registry’) to facilitate analysis of postmarket safety and outcomes data on each device that— ‘‘is or has been used in or on a patient; ‘‘and is— ‘‘a class III device; or ‘‘a class II device that is implantable, life-supporting, or life-sustaining.”-
What exactly is a class II device that is implantable?
-A class II implantable device is an “implantable radio frequency transponder system for patient identification and health information.” The purpose of a class II device is to collect data in medical patients such as “claims data, patient survey data, standardized analytic files that allow for the pooling and analysis of data from disparate data environments, electronic health records, and any other data deemed appropriate by the Secretary.” –
Going back to what we just looked at, the creation of the national medical device registry in section 2521, page 1002 line 5:
-“In developing the registry, the secretary shall…”-
And the law continues on with a laundry list of items that the secretary must do in the process of creating this registry. In this laundry list of items to do, Line 17, subparagraph B:
-“validating methods for analyzing patient safety and outcomes data from multiple sources and for linking such data with the information included in the registry as described in subparagraph (A)”-
Going back to subparagraph A [right above subparagraph B], it says:
-“including in the registry, in a manner consistent with subsection (f), appropriate information to identify each device described in paragraph (1) by type, model, and serial number or other unique identifier;”-
Don’t be confused by the intentional and skillful wording.
This law first creates the national device registry and then immediately list all the tasks the secretary of health and human services will have do in the process of creating this registry.
The very first two items in the list mandates that the secretary first gives a unique identification to each of the items listed in paragraph 1.
Then, the very next thing the secretary is to do is to create the process by which “patient safety and outcomes data from multiple sources”, which is electronic medical records, that are linked to these newly and uniquely identified items from paragraph 1 which are the class III and class II implantable devices.
Class III devises are items such as breast implants, pacemakers, heart valves, etc.
Class II device is an implantable radio frequency transponder, RFID chip.
From breast implants, to pacemakers, to RFID chips which one is the only possible one that can used for the stated purpose in section B which is, “for linking such data with the information included in the registry”?
As we know from subsection A, the information in the registry is the name of a device.
In plain speak, we are in a clear way being told that our electronic medical records are going to be linked to a class II implantable device!
Continuing a few lines down in this same section, section B subsection ii on still on page 1002, the “patient safety and outcomes data from multiple sources”, that is to be linked is clearly spelled out as electronic medical records.
It reads: “link data obtained under clause (i) with information in the registry”. Information in the registry is, as we know from subparagraph A, the name of the device. So what is the data obtained under clause i? Back up a few lines to clause i
It reads: “obtain access to disparate sources of patient safety and outcomes data, including Federal health-related electronic data”. Again, from breast implants, to pacemakers, to RFID chips which one is the only possible one that can used for the stated purpose in section B? That stated purpose is “for linking such data” and the such data is electronic medical records.
Continuing on to page 1007, in the STANDARDS, IMPLEMENTATION CRITERIA, AND CERTIFICATION CRITERIA section, the secretary of health and human services is given full power to intact all mandates from the laundry list of to-do items in the creation process of the registry as well as dictate how the devises listed in the National Medical Device Registry are to be used and implemented.
On Page 503, section E Lines 13-17… and I quote:
-“encourage, as appropriate, the development and use of clinical registries and the development of clinical effectiveness research data networks from electronic health records, post marketing drug and medical device surveillance efforts”.-
Let me say that again, medical device surveillance efforts!
Now lets look at section 163 of HR3200, which gives the government a direct electronic access to your bank account which will work in conjunction with an implanted chip.
Page 58 Lines 5 through 15 reads:
-(D) enable the real-time (or near real-time) determination of an individual’s financial responsibility at the point of service and, to the extent possible, prior to service, including whether the individual is eligible for a specific service with a specific physician at a specific facility, which may include utilization of a machine-readable health plan beneficiary identity detection card; (E) enable, where feasible, near real-time adjudication of claims-
What does this mean?
It means that the government will give everybody a health ID card that contains a machine readable device (magnetic strip or RFID chip) similar to a credit card. Embedded in this chip or strip is your Health Identification Number. When you visit a medical provider, the medical claims will be processed while you are still in the office. The medical providers will be paid in real-time. The portion that you owe will be deducted from your bank account, in real-time, according to HR 3200.
Notice here in this part which is at the beginning of 2000 plus pages of the law, it is carefully worded “which may include utilization of a machine-readable health plan beneficiary identity detection card”. Here we are told that it may be a card. As you have already seen, deeper in the law [Sec. 2521 Pg. 1000] what this “may” utilize is clearly spelled out as a “class II device that is implantable”.
We can only speculate at this point why the law is set up this way.
Most likely this section was written to account for the gap in time from when the process of chipping begins to when everyone has received a chip. A means of starting with a card for the sake of expedience while the process of chipping citizenry plays out. One thing is certain, the law mandates that within 3 years we will all have a chip under our skin that will serve this purpose. And I hate to say that our 3 years is about up.
Evidence of this logic is found in the deadline set for the start of the registry on page 1006.
“EFFECTIVE DATE. — The Secretary of Health and Human Services shall establish and begin implementation of the registry under section 519(g) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, as added by paragraph (1), by not later than the date that is 36 months after the date of the enactment of this Act, without regard to whether or not final regulations to establish and operate the registry have been promulgated by such date.”
Also on page 259, this law requires the use of Electronic medical records system in all hospitals by 2012 which will leave a gap of at least a year before the class II implantable device is required.
Republican Congressman Ron Paul from Texas, states on his website:
“Buried deep within the over 1,000 pages of the massive US Health Care Bill (PDF) in a “non-discussed” section titled: Subtitle C-11 Sec. 2521— National Medical Device Registry, and which states its purpose as…….. He quotes that part of the law and then goes on to say: “In “real world speak”, according to this report, this new law, when fully implemented, provides the framework for making the United States the first Nation in the World to require each and every one of its citizens to have implanted in them a radio-frequency identification microchip for the purpose of controlling who is, or isn’t, allowed medical care in their country”.
That is from a currently serving member of congress. Cutting through all the political ease, the bottom line is that eventually if you want to participate in a government healthcare plan you will have to have this chip implanted in you. This law mandates that you must have insurance and by virtue of this law guarantees that all private healthcare insurers will be driven out of business with only the government option left. We will be in a single payer system and you will have to have an imbedded chip to be a member of this system and it is mandatory that you be a part of this system.
And the best part is the Somark Innovations announced that it successfully tested biocompatible RFID ink, which can be read through animal hairs. They are developing a chipless RFID ink.
Yes an ink and it’s already being used. Our rescued pets for example, have all been tagged with this ink tracker… Not by my choice mind you.
Co-founder Mark Pydynowski said during an interview, that the ink doesn’t contain any metals and can be either invisible or colored. He declined to say what is in the ink, but said he’s certain that it is 100% biocompatible and chemically inert. He also said it is safe for people and animals.
The process developed by Somark involves a geometric array of micro-needles and a reusable applicator with a one-time-use ink capsule. Pydynowski said it takes 5- 10 seconds to “stamp or tattoo” an animal, and there is no need to remove the fur. The ink remains in the dermal layer, and a reader can detect it from 4 feet away.
4 feet away?
“Conceptually, you can think of it in the same way that visible light is reflected by mirrors,” he said, adding that the actual process is slightly different and proprietary.
The amount of information contained in the ink depends on the surface area available, he said. The U.S. Department of Agriculture calls for a 15-digit number to track cattle. The first three digits are “840” for the U.S. country code. The remaining digits are unique identifiers. The numbers would link to a database containing more information.
So let’s recap:
Class II implantable devices receive FDA approval and verachip VeriMed electronic health records system also received approval from the FDA.
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act authorized $23 billion in stimulus funds for health care information technology. In conjunction with that, VeriChip re-launches VeriMed electronic health records system which is a system that is made up of implantable RFID microchips, handheld scanners for emergency room personnel to read these chips, and online electronic personal health records.
HR3200 was passed by the House and signed into law by the president
Now looking at the new law, Page 259 Electronic Medical Records system will be required for all healthcare providers by 2012.
A national medical device registry is created and populated with devices. Chiefly noted among them, a Class II medical device that is implantable.
Mandates the use of class II implantable devices to serve as the link between you and your electronic medical records.
The secretary of human services will establish the procedures for the linking of the Class II implantable device and electronic medical records.
Secretary of health and human services is given full power to intact all items required in the creation of the registry as well as the power to dictate how the devises listed in the National Medical Device Registry are to be used and implemented.
Medical device surveillance is authorized.
The link to your electronic medical records which is the Class II implantable device will also be linked to your bank account.
Without regard to whether or not final regulations are in place, you will be required to get a Class II implantable device linked to your medical records and bank account in order to participate in the government healthcare plan.
It is mandated that you have health insurance or you will pay $100.00 dollars per day that you are not covered.
The IRS will enforce healthcare enrolment and fines for not caring health insurance.
This law mandates that you must have insurance and by virtue of this law, guarantees that all privet healthcare insurers will be driven out of business with only the government option left. We will be in a single payer system and you will have to have an imbedded chip to be a member of this system and it is mandatory that you be a part of this system. This new law, when fully implemented, provides the framework for making the United States the first nation in the world to require each and every one of its citizens to have implanted in them a radio-frequency identification microchip. In theory, the intent to streamline healthcare and to eliminate fraud via “health chips” seems right. But, to have the world’s lone superpower mandate a device to be IMPLANTED is not just scary. It is prophetic!
However this is the very mechanism by which it will happen and obviously since the mark will be on a global scale, this has not fully played out. Keep in mind though, we are already staring down the barrel of a global government who will implement this on a global scale. Also, the rapture is a game changing event.
If the global government hasn’t come to fruition at the point of the rapture, it will overnight when the rapture happens and this law will be applied across the board. I wouldn’t be surprised if same healthcare ruse won’t be applied under the premises that the mass disappearance of people is a global healthcare emergency and the application of this law [globally and under a global government] will prevent others from disappearing or at a minimum be a means of determining what happened via the tracking capability inherent to RFID chips.
By virtue of the fact that this hasn’t sent tremors through the Christian community, one can only assume that community is asleep at the wheel. Maybe everyone is so bogged down in all the other evil facets that this new law has slipped through the cracks?
I think the reason that hardly no one has seemed to even so much as mentioned this is because human nature is kicking in and it’s hard to get past the logical mind when it is telling you that this just can’t be or this is somehow a misrepresentation of the new law and all those who had a part in it. Mixed in with that, no one wants to risk their reputation or for some their ministries reputation by saying something that could get them labeled as conspiracy nut.
Captain Edward Smith, captain of the titanic said this statement shortly before the titanic embarked on its maiden voyage:
“I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that.”
The point here is that people to tend see and believe what they want to see and believe and in this case, what’s easiest to not see or believe anything.
And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come.
The colors of your poop and what it means
There are many things that you can learn about the status of your health just by observing the color and texture of your poop and the frequency with which you go.
Brown is the normal color of poop. There is a pigment called bilirubin that is formed when the red blood cells in the liver and bone marrow break down. This ends up (by a complicated process) in the intestines where bacteria begins to form and eat which turns the poop brown. When iron in the red blood cells combine with bilirubin, it turns brown and when the iron influenced bilirubin combines with the poop, it turns it brown. Brown poop is normal and should not cause you any concern.
Apparently, bile is green and when the poop goes into the large intestines, that is where it turns brown. When the poop goes through the intestines too fast, it has no time to turn brown, so it comes out green. Also, poop can be green due to eating a lot of green leafy vegetables. Iron supplements can also make your poop green.
Dark Black or Tarry
Dark black or tarry-looking stool usually means that there is dried blood in your stool. This means that you have some internal bleeding somewhere along your intestinal path but is far enough away from your rectum that it has time to dry. This color is reason for concern, and you should go see your doctor.
This is usually from a bleeding ulcer in the lower intestinal track or from hemorrhoids. This is also not a good thing and should be brought to your doctor’s attention. In general, blood is not something that you should see, and you should make sure that your doctor is aware that it is there and how much you see.
Full of Mucus
Mucus is a clear, white or yellow substance with the consistency of jelly, which is produced by the mucous membrane of the large intestine. Normally, it is there to protect the lining of the intestines and help make things pass more easily. When you have ulcers in the intestines, they will produce puss and mucus. You should let your doctor know that it is there and if it is more than usual tell your doctor.
This is a sign of bad digestion and that you have a lot of air inside your intestines.
Whenever your poop starts to smell like really foul eggs, take note. If this continues for a few days, and comes with lots of cramping and diarrhea, then let your doctor know. Sometimes you will get foul-smelling poop from eating something that you should not have eaten. So, when you have this, watch what you eat. And if it doesn’t get better, then see your doctor.
Ribbon Like or Small in Diameter
This is due to the narrowing of the intestines. Each time that your intestines heals after being ulcerated, the scar tissue that forms is not as flexible as the tissue that was there before the ulcer. This means that the intestine can not stretch as much as normal so the stool will become smaller. An obstruction could be possible if there is too much narrowing and the stool can not pass. This will cause a lot of pain because the pain nerves are activated most when the intestines stretch.
Knowing cancer symptoms is very important, because early detection saves lives.
Here are the basic symptoms of the basic cancers:
- Bladder Cancer – pain in abdomen, blood in urine.
- Bone Cancer – pain, swelling, fractures, weight loss, nausea, weakness.
- Brain Cancer – headaches, dizziness, vision and memory problems, fatigue, weight loss, nausea.
- Breast Cancer – lumps in the breast, swollen lymph nodes, discharge from the nipples.
- Colorectal Cancer – blood in stools, abdominal pain, weight loss, diarrhea or constipation, loss of appetite, fatigue.
- Kidney Cancer – blood in urine, back pain.
- Leukemia – paleness, fatigue, flu-like symptoms, pain in bones, swollen lymph nodes, night sweats.
- Lung Cancer – persistent cough, whizzing, pain in the chest, blood in the sputum, enlarge lymph nodes.
- Melanoma – bumps in the skin, changes in the mole, easily bleeding.
- Non-Hodgkings Lymphoma – swelling in the lymph nodes, neck, groin, under arm, fatigue, fever, weight loss, bone pain.
- Oral Cancer – any lump in the mouth, pain, bleeding, ulcers.
- Ovarian Cancer – abdominal pain, swelling, vaginal bleeding.
- Pancreatic Cancer – abdominal swelling, pain, weight loss, back pain, yellowish skin color.
- Prostate Cancer – back pain, pain in the pelvis, frequent urinating, pain, blood in urine.
- Stomach Cancer – vomiting blood o or blood in the stool, heartburn, indigestion, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite.
- Uterine Cancer – pain in the pelvic area, bleeding, painful urination, pain during intercourse.
The check-up is FREE, the credit bureaus do require parents to submit copied documentation such as a driver’s license, social security card and/or birth certificate to verify identities before they will release credit file information.
If you request a file check for your kids, you’ll then be notified with one of two responses: either your child has no credit file (that’s good) or a credit file linked to your child’s social security number already exists (that’s trouble).
If your child has a credit file, you will also be told what steps are needed to protect your child’s credit and identity, and how to remove any fraudulent activity from your child’s credit file.
The faster you can catch it, the faster you can correct it.
Bill and my Father made a trade yesterday. -laughs- We needed help putting in a hot water heater where we are currently staying. Bill is handy with many things but electricity is not one of them (he is partly color blind). So, we have been trying to find someone who could help us out… with very little luck. Finally I asked my Dad if he could help, he lives 45 minutes from where we are staying. I was in luck, he did have knowledge on how to change out a hot water heater and increase a 110 line to a 220. My Dad was doing some side job around his area and needed help removing a toilet (my Dad 58 hurt his back about 3 years back). So they made a trade.
Bill went out to help him yesterday and met the nicest Greek family of Scientists. She was a lead researcher of colon cancer and her husband did research in the radiation field for NASA. Apparently her research proved that in order for curtain types of cancer like colon cancer to grow, it needs something (as far as meats go) that is found only in beef. Bill said, that she must have said a hundred times that “Beef gives the cancer a Home, and Sugars Feed it.” Also it should be noted that the grease found in pizza will coat existing colon cancer(s), giving it a perfect breeding ground.
Then she stressed Vitamin C and lots of it. So you start with 4 tablets of vitamin c chewables with breakfast, 4 with lunch and 4 with dinner. The next day, 5 tablets with breakfast, lunch and dinner. Keep increasing the set by 1 day, until you start having to go to the bathroom within 5-15 minutes after taking it. That means your body is saturated. Then cut back one set of pills a day. Once the bathroom thing happens again, cut back again, one set of tablets a day. So on and so forth. Vitamin C does something interesting, it tricks cancer into feeling like it’s being fed by sugar when it’s really not.
Also, cancer can’t grow in oxygenated tissue. So all you smokers out there, both cigarette and weed smokers alike, you are increasing your chances every time you inhale.
Something else I found interesting was the conversation about Radiation. Apparently when we dropped bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki the radiation fallout from that, has spread world-wide. They spoke a lot about the government not telling the people about the amount of radiation that is pouring into our states… Especially in California. Literally our ground is covered in a layer of radiation. We send our children out to play this… The oceans we play in are radiated, the ground was walk on, and even the plants we eat. Microwaves, gas tube TV’s, cell phones, ceramic floor tiles… These things also cause a large amount of radiation.
That family went as far as asking their child to wear gloves and shoes when he goes out side to play.
I don’t know if I would go as far as wearing gloves when we go outdoors but I don’t know what they know…
Does this make me reconsider a few things about my life style? Because I eat entirely too much sugar and beef and I walk around bare foot all the time.
“A Boil (or furuncle) is a deep infective folliculitis (infection of the hair follicle). It is almost always caused by infection by the bacterium Staphylococcus aureus, resulting in the localized accumulation of pus (usually with a centralized core that must be eventually removed) and dead tissue. Individual boils can cluster together and form an interconnected network of boils called carbuncles.”
Boils for whatever reason one or another, are full of infection.
Applying heat pulls blood to the surface and increases the risk of spreading the infection already in the boil. Don’t squeeze it. It’s better to use the home remedies and have patience. If it does not clear up within a few days; go to a hospital.
- If you have a store near by that sells Indian groceries, buy turmeric in bulk, it’s inexpensive. Then either get empty capsules from a healthfood store and make your own (empty caps also not expensive), or to get the turmeric into you, make golden milk and drink it:
1-2 tablespoons turmeric
2 cups milk (lactose intolerant- use rice milk)
1 tablespoon honey (molasses blackstrap, full of b-vitamins and iron)
Heat milk till it’s warm, not boiling, and add turmeric and honey. When drinking stir cup before each sip as turmeric settles to bottom and you want to get it all down with the liquid.
Note: Turmeric is the key ingredient in mustard, wear old clothes or handle carefully it stains. Also, turmeric does have a blood thinning side effect.
- Another Home Remedy is Hunt’s tomato paste… cover the boil with Hunt’s tomato paste as a compress. The acids from the tomatoes soothe the pain and bring the boil to a head.
But whatever you decide to do, resist squeezing it as this will not help but only make it worse.
If you become lost: Stop, Think, Observe, and Plan before you take action.
Becoming lost causes fear, frustration and anger. Remember not to panic. Staying calm and stopping is a great place to start. You have to be calm enough to think the situation through. Does someone know where you were going? If so, they may be searching for you. Is there an open area where the searchers would have a better chance of seeing you?
Your mind is your greatest survival tool, so think about what you DO have that can help you in this situation. Like if you have something shiny, you can try to flash passing planes for help.
Consider your surroundings… and decide if you need to take action.
In most cases, the priority should be…
- Find or make a shelter against the weather.
- Build a fire.
- Use fire to signal and hopefully attract attention.
- Find water.
After a few days, you may want to consider that no one is coming to your rescue and you may have to find you own way back to safety.
However, even if you know the direction you were walking in, it’s hard to walk a straight line. Many theories have been put forward to explain why lost people travel in circles. It seems that almost every person tends to veer in one direction or another in a consistent way. Then you must factor in the wind, rain, snow, and/or sun that can cause you to veer off course even further.
To be able to follow a straight line between two points without any compass you should use landmarks. Decide on two landmarks ahead and line them up… Do the same thing on the way back. Back marks are just as important as fore marks, and in the absence of natural landmarks, you can make your own.
Also you can try, pushing a stick into the ground to find direction. Mark the shadow from the stick and wait about 30 minutes. Mark the new shadow from the stick. Draw a straight line between the two marks. This line points east to west. The sun rises in the east, sets in the west and when you face north, east is to your right.
One last thing:
- Drink lots of water (hopefully you are carrying plenty with you) especially if it’s hot and humid and you’re sweating a lot. If you’re not carrying water with you, don’t just start drinking out of random puddles. You never know what might be breeding in it.
- I know this sounds gross but if you have to find bugs to eat. Bugs are full of protein, easy to find and can help you survive until you can find help. Avoid brightly colored bugs though since they may be poisonous.
- During rain storms, water and mud can easily cause you to lose your footing and get washed away. Try to find some high ground that doesn’t look like water rushes down it. And don’t stand next to a sharp edge or rushing water may take you with it.
- Run away from snakes, but clap your hands and make lots of noise if large animals approach you.
And finally, I would think it goes without saying that you should never venture into the wilderness without a compass and a map.
A hangnail is the strip of skin that separates from the side of the cuticle.
- Do not pull at or bite off a hangnail. This may cause the skin to rip.
- Clip off the hangnail neatly with sharp, clean cuticle scissors.
- Massage hand lotion or cream into your cuticles 2 to 3 times each day.
Tooth decay is the primary cause of toothaches for most children and adults. Bacteria that live in your mouth thrive on the sugars and starches in the food you eat. These bacteria form a sticky plaque that clings to the surface of your teeth.
Acids produced by the bacteria in plaque can eat through the hard, white coating on the outside of your teeth (enamel), creating a cavity. The first sign of decay may be a sensation of pain when you eat something sweet, very cold or very hot. A toothache often indicates that your dentist will need to work on your teeth.
Until you can see your dentist, try these self-care tips for a toothache:
- Rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Use dental floss to remove any food particles wedged between your teeth.
- Take an over-the-counter (OTC) pain reliever to dull the ache.
- Apply an OTC antiseptic containing benzocaine directly to the irritated tooth and gum to temporarily relieve pain. Benzocaine has been linked to a rare but serious, sometimes deadly, condition (methemoglobinemia) that decreases the amount of oxygen that the blood can carry. Don’t use benzocaine in children younger than age 2 without supervision from a health care professional, because this age group has been the most affected. Never use more than the recommended dose of benzocaine. Direct application of oil of cloves (eugenol) also may help. Don’t place aspirin or another painkiller directly against your gums, as it may burn your gum tissue.
Call your dentist
- When you have signs of infection, such as swelling, pain when you bite, red gums or a foul-tasting discharge
- If the pain persists for more than a day or two
- When you have fever with the toothache
- If you have trouble breathing or swallowing
Can a sinus infection cause a toothache?
Yes, a sinus infection (sinusitis) or inflammation can cause a toothache — especially in the upper rear teeth, which are close to the sinuses. In fact, pain in the upper teeth is a fairly common symptom with sinus conditions.
If you have a persistent toothache, consult your dentist for an exam. He or she will consider possible dental causes for the toothache, such as periodontal disease, tooth grinding, cavities or dental abscesses.
If your dentist rules out a dental cause for the toothache, consult your doctor. He or she will consider whether a sinus condition or other underlying medical problem is contributing to the toothache.
If a permanent tooth is knocked out, get emergency dental care. It’s sometimes possible to successfully implant permanent teeth that have been knocked out, but only if you follow the steps below immediately — before you see a dentist.
If your tooth is knocked out:
- Handle your tooth by the top or crown only, not the roots.
- Don’t rub the tooth or scrape it to remove debris. This damages the root surface, making the tooth less likely to survive.
- Gently rinse your tooth in a bowl of tap water. Don’t hold it under running water.
- Try to replace your tooth in the socket. If it doesn’t go all the way into place, bite down slowly and gently on gauze or a moistened tea bag to help keep it in place. Hold the tooth in place until you see your dentist.
- If you can’t replace your tooth in the socket, immediately place it in some milk, your own saliva or a warm, mild saltwater solution — 1/4 teaspoon salt to 1 quart water (about 1 milliliter of salt to about 1 liter water).
- Get medical attention from a dentist or emergency room immediately.
Some ticks transmit bacteria that cause illnesses such as Lyme disease or Rocky Mountain spotted fever. Your risk of contracting one of these diseases depends on what part of the United States you live in, how much time you spend in wooded areas and how well you protect yourself.
If you’ve received a tick bite:
- Remove the tick promptly and carefully. Use tweezers to grasp the tick near its head or mouth and pull gently to remove the whole tick without crushing it.
- If possible, seal the tick in a jar. Your doctor may want to see the tick if you develop signs or symptoms of illness after a tick bite.
- Use soap and water to wash your hands and the area around the tick bite after handling the tick.
- Call your doctor if you aren’t able to completely remove the tick.
See your doctor if you develop:
- A rash
- A bull’s eye
- A fever
- A stiff neck
- Muscle aches
- Joint pain and inflammation
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Flu-like symptoms
If possible, bring the tick with you to your doctor’s appointment.
Call 911 or your local emergency number if you develop:
- A severe headache
- Difficulty breathing
- Chest pain or heart palpitations
Signs and symptoms of sunburn usually appear within a few hours of exposure, bringing pain, redness, swelling and occasional blistering. Because exposure often affects a large area of your skin, sunburn can cause headache, fever and fatigue.
If you have a sunburn:
- Take a cool bath or shower. You can also apply a clean towel dampened with cool water.
- Apply an aloe vera or moisturizing lotion several times a day.
- Leave blisters intact to speed healing and avoid infection. If they burst on their own, apply an antibacterial ointment on the open areas.
- If needed, take an over-the-counter pain reliever such as aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others), naproxen (Aleve) or acetaminophen (Tylenol, others). Use caution when giving aspirin to children or teenagers. Though aspirin is approved for use in children older than age 2, children and teenagers recovering from chickenpox or flu-like symptoms should never take aspirin. Talk to your doctor if you have concerns.
Don’t use petroleum jelly, butter or other home remedies on your sunburn. They can prevent or delay healing.
If your sunburn begins to blister or if you experience immediate complications, such as rash, itching or fever, see your doctor.
A stroke occurs when there’s bleeding into your brain or when normal blood flow to your brain is blocked. Within minutes of being deprived of essential nutrients, brain cells start dying — a process that may continue over the next several hours.
Seek immediate medical assistance.
A stroke is a true emergency. The sooner treatment is given, the more likely that the damage can be minimized. Every moment counts. In fact, most neurologists say that if a stroke victim is seen within 3 hours, the side effects can be completely reversed. The key is being able to recognize when someone is having a stroke.
In the event of a possible stroke
Use FAST to help remember warning signs…
- Face. Does the face droop on one side when trying to smile?
- Arms. Is one arm lower when trying to raise both arms?
- Speech. Can a simple sentence be repeated? Is speech slurred or strange?
- Time. During a stroke every minute counts. If you observe any of these signs, call 911 or your local emergency number immediately
- S –Ask the individual to SMILE.
- T- Ask the individual to TALK and speak a simple, coherent sentence.
- R- Ask the individual to RAISE BOTH ARMS.
If they are having any trouble with ANY ONE of those tasks, call 911 immediately.
Other signs and symptoms of a stroke include:
- Weakness or numbness on one side of your body including either leg
- Dimness, blurring or loss of vision, particularly in one eye
- Severe headache — a bolt out of the blue — with no apparent cause
- Unexplained dizziness, unsteadiness or a sudden fall, especially if accompanied by any of the other signs or symptoms
- A crooked tongue. If the individual sticks out their tongue and it goes to one side or the other is also another indication
Risk factors for stroke include having high blood pressure, having had a previous stroke, smoking, having diabetes and having heart disease.
Your risk of a stroke also increases as you age.
Your ligaments are tough, elastic-like bands that connect bone to bone and hold your joints in place. A sprain is an injury to a ligament caused by excessive stretching. The ligament can have a partial tear, or it can be completely torn apart.
Of all sprains, ankle and knee sprains occur most often. Sprained ligaments swell rapidly and are painful. Generally, the greater the pain, the more severe the injury is. For most minor sprains, you probably can treat the injury yourself.
Follow the instructions for P.R.I.C.E.
- Protect the injured limb from further injury by not using the joint. You can do this using anything from splints to crutches.
- Rest the injured limb. But don’t avoid all activity. Even with an ankle sprain, you can usually still exercise other muscles to minimize deconditioning. For example, you can use an exercise bicycle with arm exercise handles, working both your arms and the uninjured leg while resting the injured ankle on another part of the bike. That way you still get three-limb exercise to keep up your cardiovascular conditioning.
- Ice the area. Use a cold pack, a slush bath or a compression sleeve filled with cold water to help limit swelling after an injury. Try to ice the area as soon as possible after the injury and continue to ice it for 10 to 15 minutes four times a day for 48 hours. If you use ice, be careful not to use it too long, as this could cause tissue damage.
- Compress the area with an elastic wrap or bandage. Compressive wraps or sleeves made from elastic or neoprene are best.
- Elevate the injured limb above your heart whenever possible to help prevent or limit swelling.
After two days, gently begin using the injured area. You should feel a gradual, progressive improvement. Over-the-counter pain relievers, such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others) and acetaminophen (Tylenol, others), may be helpful to manage pain during the healing process.
See your doctor if your sprain isn’t improving after two or three days.
Get emergency medical assistance if:
- You’re unable to bear weight on the injured leg, the joint feels unstable or you can’t use the joint. This may mean the ligament was completely torn. On the way to the doctor, apply a cold pack.
- You have a fever higher than 100 F (37.8 C), and the area is red and hot. You may have an infection.
- You have a severe sprain. Inadequate or delayed treatment may cause long-term joint instability or chronic pain.
If you suspect a back or neck (spinal) injury, do not move the affected person. Permanent paralysis and other serious complications can result. Assume a person has a spinal injury if:
- There’s evidence of a head injury with an ongoing change in the person’s level of consciousness
- The person complains of severe pain in his or her neck or back
- The person won’t move his or her neck
- An injury has exerted substantial force on the back or head
- The person complains of weakness, numbness or paralysis or lacks control of his or her limbs, bladder or bowels
- The neck or back is twisted or positioned oddly
If you suspect someone has a spinal injury:
- Call 911 or emergency medical help.
- Keep the person still. Place heavy towels on both sides of the neck or hold the head and neck to prevent movement. The goal of first aid for a spinal injury is to keep the person in much the same position as he or she was found.
- Provide as much first aid as possible without moving the person’s head or neck. If the person shows no signs of circulation (breathing, coughing or movement), begin CPR, but do not tilt the head back to open the airway. Use your fingers to gently grasp the jaw and lift it forward. If the person has no pulse, begin chest compressions.
- If the person is wearing a helmet, don’t remove it.
- If you absolutely must roll the person because he or she is vomiting, choking on blood or in danger of further injury, you need at least one other person. With one of you at the head and another along the side of the injured person, work together to keep the person’s head, neck and back aligned while rolling the person onto one side.
Scorpion stings — although painful — are mostly harmless.
As many as 1,500 species of scorpions have been described worldwide, but only about 30 of these are considered dangerous. In the United States, only the bark scorpion, found mainly in the desert Southwest, has venom potent enough to cause severe symptoms.
Elsewhere, lethal scorpion stings occur predominantly in Mexico, South America, parts of Africa, the Middle East and India.
Scorpion stings are most serious in young children, older adults and pets. In the United States, healthy adults usually don’t need treatment for scorpion stings, but if your child is stung, always get immediate medical care.
And of course, the smaller the scorpion is the more venom it carries.
Most scorpion stings in the United States cause only minor signs and symptoms, such as pain and warmth at the sting site. The venom of the bark scorpion, which is native to Arizona, New Mexico and the California side of the Colorado River, is more toxic and can be life-threatening, particularly in children.
Children who have been stung by a bark scorpion might experience:
- Pain, which can be intense, numbness and tingling in the area around the sting, but little or no swelling
- Muscle twitching or thrashing
- Unusual head, neck and eye movements
- Restlessness or excitability and sometimes inconsolable crying
Adults are more likely to experience:
- Rapid breathing
- High blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
- Muscle twitching
When to see a doctor
It’s always best to be safe. If you or your child is stung, follow these guidelines:
- Get immediate medical care for any child stung by a scorpion.
- If you’ve been stung, get prompt care if you begin to experience widespread symptoms.
- If you’re concerned about a scorpion sting — even if your reaction is minor — call your local poison control center for advice.
- Seek medical attention right away if you or your child is stung while traveling in another country.
Only a few spiders are dangerous to humans. Two that are present in the contiguous United States and more common in the Southern states are the black widow spider and the brown recluse spider. Both prefer warm climates and dark, dry places where flies are plentiful. They often live in dry, littered, undisturbed areas, such as closets, woodpiles and under sinks.
Most presumed spider bites are actually bites from other bugs. If you suspect you have been bitten by one of these spiders, check to see if the spider lives in your area.
Black widow spider
Although serious, a black widow bite is rarely lethal. You can identify this spider by the red hourglass marking on its belly. The bite feels like a pinprick. You may not even know you’ve been bitten. At first you may notice slight swelling and faint red marks. Within a few hours, though, intense pain and stiffness begin. Other signs and symptoms include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Severe abdominal pain
Brown recluse spider
You can identify this spider by the violin-shaped marking on its back. The bite produces a mild stinging, followed by local redness and intense pain within eight hours. A fluid-filled blister forms at the site and then sloughs off to leave a deep, enlarging ulcer. Reactions from a brown recluse spider bite vary from a mild fever and rash to nausea and listlessness. On rare occasions death results, more often in children.
If bitten by a spider
Try and identify the type of spider that bit you. Clean the site of the spider bite well with soap and water. Apply a cool compress over the spider bite location. If the bite is on an extremity, elevate it. Aspirin or acetaminophen (Tylenol, others) and antihistamines may be used to relieve minor signs and symptoms in adults. Use caution when giving aspirin to children or teenagers. Though aspirin is approved for use in children older than age 2, children and teenagers recovering from chickenpox or flu-like symptoms should never take aspirin. Talk to your doctor if you have concerns.
If bitten by a brown recluse or black widow spider
- Cleanse the wound. Use soap and water to clean the wound and skin around the spider bite.
- Slow the venom’s spread. If the spider bite is on an arm or a leg, tie a snug bandage above the bite and elevate the limb to help slow or halt the venom’s spread. Ensure that the bandage is not so tight that it cuts off circulation in your arm or leg.
- Use a cold cloth at the spider bite location. Apply a cloth dampened with cold water or filled with ice.
- Seek immediate medical attention. Treatment for the bite of a black widow may require an anti-venom medication. Doctors may treat a brown recluse spider bite with various medications.